Thursday, May 19, 2005

Divine Mission or Craziness

Although there is fine weather outside and my joy is on a heighth and also I appreciate that my health and my environment are so friendly as to allow me to have some free time, there is still one thing that still enrages my from time to time. It is that people tend to ignore errors in persons, and I don't speak about the insignificant whims, but the curcial errors.

One of this is the continuous support of Mr. Bush in his crusade for Christianity, not only in the Far East, but also in the US. There is countless facts and references that show that he truly believes in his cause. Many libertarians and objectivists tend to ignore that, because they believe that the results justify the means (even if it takes 10 years or so). They tend to allow a man to go for his mission even if it is out of the right reasons.

There are so many facts that indicate Bush believes that his mission is divine and thus makes it morally right. There is countless reference, too much to count it up all here in this short post (amongst others: http://coldfury.com/reason/index.php , and Articles by Adam Reed here)

But I know one line from the Series Babylon 5, which is a good series if you want to know how Authoritarian and Totalitarian regimes come about, (Episode 21 "Comes the Inquisitor", Season 2) that ultimately captures Mr. Bushs mental theory. It is such a good line, because President Bush himself once said that he admires the series Babylon 5 for his insight, although he most obviously wanted to be like John Sheridan (the hero of the series).
However, I must say that he sounds a lot more like Mr. Sebastian (perhaps this is even more articulate than Mr. Bush himself):

"The city was drowning in decay [about London around 1888]. Chaos, Immorality, a Message needed to be send. Pledged in blood, for all the world to see - A Warning. In the pursuit of my holy cause, I did things, terrible things, unspeakable things. The World condemned me, but it didn't matter, because I believed I was right and the world was wrong. I believed I was the divine messenger. I believed, I was chosen.."

It indeed sounds polemic, but it still is so damn right to the point. "I believed I was right and the world was wrong" and he didn't even consider for a second, that maybe the world was right and he was wrong.
To consider this and still to be able to perform the task you know (after thinking over everything) is right, is to command and to decide. But it also includes the moral imperative to live with the consequences and to obey to the consequences. The first I am not sure Mr. Bush understood, the latter he didn't obey.
These words were fabricated by Mr. Strazynski (the author of Babylon 5) and laid into the mouth of Sebastian, the alleged Serial Killer in London 1888, whose last sighting was on November 11th. I don't want to say that Mr. Bush is a serial killer, but he has made a serial error and he didn't cope with reality and the consequences. All his politics are made under one premise, to white wash his errors and to make the truth and the consequences unidentifiable.

Right about now, he has succeeded and with the support of the US citizens, he will continue so.

No comments: